Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Christmas Parade of Homes: The "play like dinner table"...

 

A little Polar Bear 
diving into  play like food...



Eight antique Homer Laughlin plates...




Eight place settings adorned with a
rusty bed spring, tarnished silverware,
tied together with tattered cloth, 
a Christmas bauble,
printed Christmas sentiment,
resting in a zinc Mason jar lid...


A full view...beginning with the black chandelier, black letters, black detail on the dishes and ending with


The black glittered letters standing out on the ivory tablecloth...
anchoring the whites...





~wire cloches handmade by Josh~

The top of my arbor, made from two shutters and two windows...
butter




I went a little nuts with detail ~ that most probably didn't notice, but each napkin ring holder and each little bench or bird cage holding a domino were displaying the number of the place setting and the little blackboards made from laminate samples had the names of the school board members...


Well, there is just soo much more, Josh's mantel ordeal, the Christmas trees, the chickwire screen, the paper village riplica of Mabank, centerpieces and more...may have to wait until next Christmas,

I'm joining the parties!!! 


and





Happy New Year!
Lezlee

22 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So pretty, Lezlee...I especially love the black letters with the tarnished silver...

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I think it all looks so winter-y and festive. The little details is what makes it so nice...I recognized a couple of the names...Love the plates with pictures of the school on them. What a treasure!

Tete said...

It's been awhile since posted, I wondered if you got lost in your winter wonderland and we were going to have to send in a search party for you!
It's going to be so hard to take all that beauty down!
Hugs- Tete

Alycia Nichols said...

That is SO cool!!! So different!!! I would never have thought to do anything even CLOSE to that! It rocks!!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

The whole setting is wonderful, but I absolutely LOVE those plates!

Gracefully Vintage said...

Your Christmas Displays are just darling-love them all, Great Blog- so inspirational- Thanks for the kind words on my blog-and now an excited new follower-
Karryann

Coleen's Corner said...

Stunning! The detail blows my little mind. What a beautiful winter wonderland you created!

Granny said...

Everything is so beautiful that I'm sure people will still be talking about it when next Christmas rolls around. I especially like the wire cloches made by Josh. Very cute.

Diane in the Valley said...

I'm trying to think what to type but I'm speechless (that doesn't happen often0. Everything is gorgeous! What an inspiration!

Maria said...

This is truly an inspiration post. I'll be coming back here again and again to draw from the well. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Hi Lezlee,
Thanks for visiting me and your kind comments, I have been having a wander through your blog- truly amazing, I love all your stuff and the Christmas decorating in fabulous!

Unknown said...

It's all wonderful, Lezlee. Love all of it.
Happy New Year,
glenda

Entertaining Women said...

Lezlee, I'm going to need to go back and peruse your post slowly to absorb all the thoughtful detail. Thank you for sharing your charming design and for stopping by my ost. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

time worn interiors said...

Looks like a table setting straight out of Alice in Wonderland! I love it all!
Theresa
aka:tot

Donnie said...

What pretty photos. Happy New Year.

Debra@CommonGround said...

You really outdid yourself on this one, Lezlee! Absolutely gorgeous, I would have loved to see this one in person! Thanks for joining in the party, and have a wonderful Happy New Year!
big hugs,
Debra

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How creative this is. Thanks for sharing the fun.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Happy New Year! My best to you in 2011.I always enjoy my visits here, you have such a kind spirit.

Great photos how fun! ~Cheers Kim

Carolyn said...

I enjoyed my visit here- you have some great inspiration!

I wish you all the best for the New Year,

Carolyn

Jen said...

Oh.my.gosh. Just found your blog - and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!!! Seriously. LOVE. I just want to jump into the picture!!! What fun!!!! I adore repurposing "used" and "old" items, and this is the ultimate beautifully done artistry!!!

Honey at 2805 said...

I love this post, Leslee! So much detail and eye candy to take in. When it gets a little warmer (I'm really adverse to the cold so it's a good thing I don't like in the North) I need to take a drive over your way. Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I need to take more time decorating. Their are so many great ideas here. Thanks for sharing!
Happy New Year!

dana