Friday, January 21, 2011

Yep, the Christmas Tour, AGAIN!

I know, I know, I've done sooo much about one room and a hallway...
AND here I go again!
I promise, no more after January! 
I'll save the rest for next year~


This chicken coop wire piece is  Moma's, leftover from her selling days...Market Hall, Edom, Town East Mall, and of course her "Smidgen Shop", to name just a few...

It resembled a stable to us...

My sister, Beverly did all the hard work of putting the lights in back and hanging the curtains...I did the roof with lights and branches...come to think of it, being the youngest sis, I did most of the high up stuff, lol...For the whole room, I brought in a whole pile of branches and when we were through we had used ever last twig, like I had measured or something.  
It all seemed to go together in this way...

Now, for some close ups...


The roof...


Panther paw paper spelling out our EXEMPLARY rating!



I love how the white ornaments looked against the rusted tree...
The white just gleamed when the candles were lit!
Have a great weekend!
LEZLEE



9 comments:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

How Fun! I love the chicken wire and yes it does look like a stable to me as well.~Cheers Kim

Granny said...

That looks so pretty. It does resemble a stable. I never get tired of looking at the Christmas pictures. Thanks again for sharing.

trash talk said...

Seems like when you're working straight from the heart...it always comes together perfectly.
Debbie

Carolyn said...

That looks so pretty-great idea!

Carolyn

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

The chicken wire piece was beautiful all decorated! Y'all did such a wonderful job on the Christmas Tour decorations...never tire of seeing them so don't stop in January...do a Christmas in July, at least:-) Vicki

Burlap Luxe said...

My kind of display style. I love Chicken, aviary wire and any type of cage like structure.

I love the rustic galvanized gray look and tone.

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful rustic year!
xx
Dore

Deb said...

Love the lights thru thr fabric and chicken wire!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

How did I happen to miss this post?
I like the idea of a stable-- love the chicken wire, lace and lights...that little tree is too cool!

Coleen's Corner said...

Beautiful! I just love chicken wire - and I have a ton of it out here... you're project gives me scads of ideas (that I'll probably never get to!). Don't apologize for "another" picture - I could look at that stuff forever!