Monday, November 30, 2009

Playing with Junk!!!










Having maybe 60 people over the next day for Thanksgiving, nor rain, sleet or snow could have kept me from going to the Christmas Remembrance at Winnie and Tallulah's, on the square in Athens, Texas. Meandering through the wonderland of talent over there further inspires me to create a nest for myself from tattered, torn, soft and well-loved possessions with Prior lives to tell.

LOOKY what I found and brought home!!! The perfect sized washtub. I almost bought a normal sized one, a couple of weeks ago, for a tree I am making, but somehow it didn't seem Just Right, now I own Just Right :)... Thanks, Mindy... Also Curious Goods had the cutest scrabble ornaments that I needed... It was the perfect respite before the marathon cooking. Eventually baby wash tub will hold magazines or the tree I am making, but for now I must play. Red trimmed children skates hang on a tiny red chippy clamp. I tossed in all the greenery with lights, but will make it less busy when finished. The old trumpet William left forgotten many years in a shed when football took over...It looks as if it has been through a war. It and the dirty green frame are a work in progress. At Christmas it will hold Christmas greenery and Christmas music, but will easily change with the seasons. Joshua tried his hand at keyboard ornaments for the show on the 12th. What do you think??? I made the snowflake ones from vintage buttons, rusty wire, and crystal bling...just a few of my favorite things. Thanks Lezlee

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I love it! Thank you so much for letting me know that you are a blogger and you posted that wonderful tub. My next door neighbor asked me about it today and I had to tell her that she snoozed and losed...well, you know! Love it and can't wait to read more of your blog. Hope you can make it to Poetry! ~Mindy

trash talk said...

Thanks for coming to the open house. So glad you found some great things to add to your Christmas and beyond. I for one like the lights and greenery all piled up in the tub. I don't think it's messy at all...not one bit!
Debbie
P.S. Love your idea with the old fan in the previous post!

Margo said...

Looks great, I remember meeting you at the open house. Love that wash tub. Looks like it got a good home.

~Matthew and Jodi Beth~ said...

Mom, I like the computer key ornaments. They turned out cuter than I thought. Shouldn't they be the other way though?

Prior said...

yes, Jodi , we finally convinced Josh. Mom