Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blowing in the Wind...

Over at my bloggy friend, Amy's, she was blogging about little treasures, she felt God had given her...and it got me to thinkin' about all the little treasures that had to be God, because it couldn't be accident.  

This week, I found a little treasure on the side of the road...
                        not just a random something, that I thought was cool,
           but an inspiration piece, 
which I've longed to have in my laundry room, for quite some time. 

I've gone back to this photo of the red legged wash tub sink,  
                                                                                     so many times. 

               Sorry, I've seen it a lot in blog land, but don't know it's owner...
                   
Since, I don't have a laundry room sink, 
I wanted it   for my dirty laundry, instead... 
I know where I can buy washtubs on a stand, but just love it when they fall from heaven...


I think this one I found will work just fine...


All this got me to thinkin' about when my only daughter and I were planning her wedding, a little over six years ago.

Besides necessity, we both enjoy and realize the benefits of sticking to a budget, soon she fixed up an excel sheet and we went to planning, buying and creating. We really prayed over the financial part, I knew my only daughter wouldn't enjoy her wedding, if she felt it had put us in debt or really in a bind in anyway, and I also knew, she was our only daughter, so in the quest to make it special,  my creative side reawakened.
 crystal bouquets and bouts we made
 daddy and daughter

We found her dress at a little shop, where the people were retiring. They only had about two dresses, left. We were in and out, with the dress and petticoat...in less than 30 minutes. The dress fit her perfectly, needing no alterations, costing way less than most prom dresses. One of the last items she needed was a full strapless bra, you ladies know the kind, and know they aren't cheap.

                            Moma, Jodi, me, and son, hitchhiker son~Jared
Anyway, one afternoon, as she walked in from  college, she giggled, "You will never guess what I bought today, and it was just blowing in the wind". For some strange reason, I guessed, "A bra!"  Sure enough, as her car rounded this corner, where a clothes store, that typically does not sell bras...had a full strapless bra, hanging on a clothesline, along with other apparel, just blowing in the wind! After seeing it was her size, she inquired about the price. It was ONE DOLLAR! really, no kidding! So, yep...my little wash tub kind of thing, got me to 
                         thinkin'
                                Lezlee

Sure, I  know the difference, between my junk treasures and Real treasures, 
but I am still thankful, my Savior, personally knows the little things, 
that make me say, "Yippee", when I see it on the side of the road! 


Joining the party Vintage Inspiration Friday                              

16 comments:

Tete said...

Lezlee,
Love this post and I have had my share of blessings that just fell out of the sky. I know there are junking angels, pairing each treasure up to the heart that will enjoy it and appreciate it the most!
Hugs- Tete

Jodi@FreshVintageHome said...

Lezlee,
First, thanks for being the VERY FIRST follower on my blog... thats not family! You made my day :)
Secondly, OMG, I love that washtub and have dreamed for one like it in my laundry room. I have the plastic crumby kind that came with the house. You will have fun with it!
Also, I noticed that you have a son named Jared, and so do I. Your daughters name is Jodi, like me. And I completely love it when God provides a special treat when we totally don't expect it. He is good that way!!
Enjoying your blog...
Jodi

The Green Pea said...

Awww, sweet post Lezlee. God loves to make his children happy, doesn't he. The laundry sink is wonderful. What a cute idea to use it for soiled
clothes, my mom wouldn't let me use the word dirty lol. That was when I lived at home. I use dirty now!
Hugs, sandi

The Green Pea said...

Lezlee,
Just needed to say, your daughter's dress is beautiful. So is Jodi beautiful. Yes, God provides for his children. Good night, sandi

judi said...

great reminder of how God cares about the little details in our lives too. thankful for your post.
judi

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh, what a wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. God surely does know our needs and delights in blessing us, even with the small things.
xo,
Debra

WhiteWhispers2u said...

That's amazing! Your daughter looked beautiful! Enjoy that tub~Cheers Kim

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Lezlee!
Love the washtub-- can't believe you found it on the curb! how awesome, God just knew it would be something you'd appreciate.
This is a great post--
the treasures in this post alone are numerous.
Your tub, your momma, your kiddos, your sweet hubby giving his (and yours) only daughter away-- and of course God who gives us the desires of our heart!
Can't wait to see the tub in its new place--

Coleen's Corner said...

What a beautiful story - and a beautiful family. I just love stories like this. How often do we go about trying to arrange and fix and acquire everything on our own? How many really open their eyes in faith to see and appreciate what He has so graciously given? You really help keep me on track. Thank you for sharing your life, your family, your faith - and your awesome projects!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Wonderful post Lezlee...isn't it cool how God cares about "the details"? I am in awe everyday of how He just pulls it all together to give us the "desires of our hearts"...if we wait on Him :)
Little story? The other day my daughter had a Valentine party at preschool and of course picked out her special "heart shirt"...which she immediately spilled juice all over...she was so sad but when the teacher went to grab her "spare shirt" from her back back (which had been packed months ago!) the fresh shirt had a great big heart on the front...imagine that? Yea God :) And I can't help but remember if God cares about heart shirts and wedding bras...imagine how much he cares about the "big stuff"...we're in good hands aren't we???
Ok, I'll be quiet now...have a great day! Thanks for the reminder, Laurel

trash talk said...

I think the little blessings are His reminder that He never leaves us. He delights in delighting us.
Her dress is gorgeous and I gotta say...Moma is rocking the joint in that hat! Few women can really carry off a hat and she did it with style!
Now...are you gonna paint that warsh tub red?
Deb

raggygirlvintage said...

Such fun, it's those little moments that make our day!
Tracey

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love this post, Lezlee...and such sweet photos, too!

Tammy said...

Love this post...what a sweet story!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

~Matthew and Jodi Beth~ said...

Mom, I like this post very much. The washtub is neat. I see it is behind the shed are you hiding it from Dad?:)

Jill said...

This is a great post Lezlee! It's so true there is a difference between these material treasures and the real treasure BUT He does care about the little things too and they are indeed gifts from Him to you. Beautiful photos of your daughters wedding. I've been praying about the finances of our daughter's wedding since she got engaged and so far it's all going in the budget!