Monday, May 28, 2012

Americana Summer Tablescape

Land that I love...

Mix and Match...much like the melting pot country, I love...

Dollar Tree Dishes matching with Antique Milk Glass & Red Christmas Clearance..
mixing  with garage sale finds...plus reusing Jelly Jars...

priorlives...

Making a more interesting  table setting....




 Chalkboard tags I made from laminate tile samples, tied on with butcher's twine...


 I originally intended sand as my jar filler, didn't have any...improvised with beans...better for the table!

This jar was one I had around from Wal~Mart, but a big pickle jar would do nicely, as well.

Jelly Jars are our fancy glasses 'round here...
They have detailed cuttings,
which make a pretty candle holder for pathways and porches...
                                                       casting romantic light... 

I use silver edged cut glass coasters, picked up here and there...
the perfect size to catch drips from pillar candles,
        one friend hung them from her window...
during Christmas...       sunlight catching snowflakes 

I painted this Texas flag on one of the old black screens off this old house..
            the wood patched with rusted tin cans...
                                telling of an era when folks mended.


 Notice my French Doors...
                                          Awhile back, I asked your advice about white or black doors,
                                            everyone, including me, had  different opinions,
                                          so I decided on black and white,
                                                                                         mimicking my stairs. I love them.
Jared had this old sign in is yard...He gave it to me for my Birthday, a few years ago..
We tore down all the fake ceilings to reveal these wonderful planks above...13 feet high, now.




opposite side from Buffet sign...
 You step up from the living room, because all but the living room is pier and beam.
 






I've never posted pics of my dining room, since we finished the re-model...so there you go!



 The potting table Josh made me...
                       I use it to serve desserts and hold party stuff, need to spiff it up for summer!

I love Red, White, & Blue...

 The Lazy Susan was a Goodwill gift from sister, Charlotte...she knows just where to shop!
Hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend...

                                                           last week of school for me, then summer!

joining Marty at tabletop tuesday

Patriotic
Lezlee

4 comments:

alice said...

Lezlee,
Boy howdy I love those ceilings. Darling house!
Love the pictures. Hope your Memorial Day was a good one!
Smiles, alice

nancy said...

Looks great! Hopefully I can see it this weekend. Is the Texas flag new or have I never turned around?

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love,Love,LOVE! YOUR DINING ROOM,Lezlee.
But, why shouldn't I? The rest of your house is so wonderful-- why should I be surprised at the dining room.
Love that garden bench, that Texas Flag painted window screen... Your table and that Ceiling!....So wonderful and so comfortable looking.

--Pat

Trisha said...

Those are some gorgeous pics!

I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to stop by and participate.

http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2012/05/my-200th-blog-post-and-my-1st-ever.html

Looking forward to seeing you there.