Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Prior Lives Party 2

This used to be just an old rusty fan, but now it displays photos and family keepsakes... I posted about it once, check it out...







My very talented DIL was given an embroidery machine for Christmas and promptly made this outfit, and more, for her new baby, born in February, BUT what makes this a prior is these 

jeans were previously my son's! She even

reused the belt loops. DIL Velcros the ribbon to the bottom , so she can

interchange it and the ribbon belt... add a new shirt and brand new outfit! She is

good! So go ahead and
think outside the box a little... I know you can think of

some "Priors" to post.




Now these two were just Prior uglies...

After a new paint job, it looks great holding napkins or mail
and the rabbit pan works for the silverware




This just needed paint and a couple of my spring plates... Change out the plates to fit the decor!

So show me something old with a story to tell or something that you've change from its prior purpose...

I can't wait to see what you got!
Lezlee

-



prior lives party         

Link back so everyone can take a peek!  Since we only do this party once a month I'll leave it open 2 weeks!



6 comments:

shannon i olson said...

oooh I love the fan, I better get busy on a project I have been putting off!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Did my comment not show up last night? I think that fan is just brilliant! Love the umbrella on the door, and your server turned out so pretty. Thanks for hosting. laurie

Anne Lorys said...

I am crazy about what you did with that fan! That's just brilliant. :-)

Have a great Friday!
Anne

The Smith Hotel said...

Love that fan! Thanks for hosting this party! Can't wait to see what gets transformed!

Jody

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Help! Lezlee...I think I goofed...I am on your list twice for the party...no explanation except brain burp I guess.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great idea for a party, Lezlee! Love your pastry holder painted white! The napkin holder is great. Your new grandbaby is just the sweetes, congratulations!
hugs,
Debra