Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day Display

 
My teacup gardens are displayed on this sweet, two step white washed ladder; Suzette bought from "Girls Gone Junkin'", when they were at The P, one day. You can catch them at Canton.  I stapled a "grow" light fashioned from a bed spring and small light, similar to the ones that go in a Christmas village, to the underneath (top).  Really makes it SHINE OUT, lol.


Each little teacup has a tiny tea stained sign saying...
Tea Cup Garden...and the name of the particular flower or plant...


                                William and I drilled a little hole in the bottom of each cup for drainage...

Also, a larger sign advertises, "Tea Cup Gardens ~ Great for Mother's Day!"


Later on I'll change the sign to, 
"Tea Cup Gardens ~ for the "little" gardener in us all..."



me on Mother's Day with my Five kids...1993
Happy Mother's Day!!!!

 Moma with Jacob, 18 years old, now...




Growing
Lezlee

11 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Love the Tea Cup Gardens! Such a cute idea.. the ladder and all.
The pictures of you and your kiddos is fantastic-- sad, I was just thinking, I don't have a picture of me and my four kiddos. Just me and them... hmmm...should snap one soon, maybe mother's day.
Sweet picture of your Momma and Jacob--
I had the same '90's hair do, Pat

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a great photo of you and the kids! Love those teacup gardens, have a wonderful Mother's Day, xoxo Debra

Unknown said...

love
the name
teacup garden
cute
and
goodness
5 kids
keep
you
busy
for now
and
always
...

***

Granny said...

I love the teacup gardens and the way you've displayed them on the old ladder.

The Green Pea said...

What a sweet photo of you and your children. Moma and the baby is lovely too. Have a blessed Mother's Day. sandi

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Awe....So Sweet! Happy Mother's Day~Cheers Kim

Cathy said...

How SWEET! I love what you did, and it was such a cute size to work with....almost kept it! LOL!
We loved getting to visit with you too.....such a fun time!
See ya soon...Cathy aka GGJ

alice said...

Such a darling picture. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. You are truly blessed.
Smiles, Alice

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Love the picture of you and your babies! Happy Mother's Day! Vicki

Susanne said...

Love your "teacup gardens"! I put some English Ivy in teacups for a royal wedding watch party favor. I just used odd tea cups w/o saucers but the hole for drainage is a excellent idea! Hum.....I may have to make some more.....
Susanne.

Jenn Erickson said...

The teacup gardens are so lovely Lezlee!