Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pillow Making For Dummies

You will never have to make a button hole 
                               or sew a button on a pillow again...


A little button bling... on the far corner doesn't impair comfort




On the front side...
Kind of cool, this burlap bag was stenciled Houston, even though I am closer to Big D


I didn't go to the store...I just woke up and started, 
the first morning of spring break...
right after coffee, that is.
I used a scrap of French toile...
leftover from  6 years ago, a dining room chairs project...

The back of the pillow


I used blue thread, didn't even have white around, so you know I don't sew much...
and an old Dockers shirt, I hope someone around had outgrown or was tired of, smile...
but I could see it buttoned up with a white shirt, 
or one with decorative buttons, my daughter suggested , Pearl Snaps...

I stuffed with my old, but very comfy down filled couch throw cushions...
unbutton like a "shirt" 
to add or remove, wah la!


No more sewing of button holes or sewing on of buttons...

I could see many projects using this method...
making bags that close with buttons, for one.


so, this post is for all of us that mostly only mastered sewing the straight seam,
                                                                    lol, in my case even that is debatable...


For ten years I have wanted to make a pillow like this...
Isn't it funny how we wake up one day to say, "This is the day!" 


Pillow Talkin'
Lezlee 

Frugal Friday

 The Shabby Nest

8 comments:

Junk Exchange said...

hey i like that .. might have to use it .. always finding shirts for nothing .. might as well recycle .. thanks for the tip ..

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

'SEW' cute!

I might wake up tomorrow and do it!
I love this idea. Right now the pillows on my couches are just pretty bed pillow-slips over my couch pillows. I may give this a go.

hope you're enjoying your SPRING BREAK.
-Pat

Tete said...

That's a great idea. You are a freakin' genius! I am impressed! I will use this myself.

EllenaElizabeth said...

Cute, I like! Happy Easter from Australia to the USA.

Sheree said...

wow, that's a great idea... even i could do that!!! :)
Sheree

deb said...

WOW! Great idea!! I think I might veven be able to do that!! LOL
*hugs*deb

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
http://dragonflytreasure.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-memories-suite-giveaway.html

Granny said...

That is really neat. I can see using a fancy blouse or a man's shirt to make a pillow It would already have the buttons or snaps. Easy peasy.

Melissa said...

LOVE your pillows!!! They turned out great!